Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Professional Development
- Learn about how Common Core, Inc. is providing students with challenging, rigorous instruction in the Common Core with content-rich curriculum.
- This video clip is an example of the Common Core approach to teaching mathematics. This video was included in the professional development materials presented at the November Network Team...
- There was such positive feedback about an NTI panel with two educators from Massena, we asked them to share the key points again in a follow up discussion. In this video, Jennifer Loftin of Common...
- Grade 2 Math Common Core Instruction: Use modeling and tools to solve three digit subtraction problems
- Students are introduced to counting 10-19 objects by sorting them into 10 ones and some more ones. They count out 10 objects and circle the group. Then they "count on" from 10 to find the total...
- Students use choral response in a fluency activity as they recognize and say the number of dots on each 10-frame, then "count on" from 10 the Say Ten way and the regular way.
- Students count 10-19 sticks by first making a group of 10, then counting them the Say Ten and the regular way.
- Students cut a rectangular shape into 6 equal units. They show three different ways of cutting it.
- Students measure a notebook with centimeters and inches, then discuss the unit difference.
- What a difference a school year makes! Educators who gathered for the Network Team Institute in May talk about the transformation in teaching and learning across New York State. They say we've turned...