Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Professional Development
- This English Language Arts Common Core video features fifth grade students from Ballston Spa, New York. This lesson features Standards RL 5.1 and RL.5.9.
- The purpose of this document is to serve as a resource to middle school English Language Arts teachers in launching and sustaining a strong independent reading program. Many teachers already have...
- In the Common Core, students are challenged to read complex texts to build content knowledge, literacy skills, and academic vocabulary. Each NYS Grades 3–8 ELA module includes one or more “central”...
- The lessons in the NYS modules for grades 3-5 are designed to focus on teaching students to read, write, and speak about complex texts. The instruction outlined in the modules provides a 60-minute...
- Working with Evidence: Working Conditions Then and Now In this module, students explore the issue of working conditions, both historical and modern day. As they read and discuss both literary and...
- Working With Evidence: Taking a Stand In this second module, students will continue to develop their ability to closely read text while studying the theme of taking a stand. During the first half of...
- Working with Evidence: Rules to Live By What are “rules to live by”? How do people formulate and use “rules” to improve their lives? How do people communicate these “rules” to others? In this module...
- Day One Materials New York State is focusing the attention of educators on Shift 5 Writing from Sources. This means we are taking a close look at the progression of Writing Standards 5-7 across...
- ELA 3-8 Professional Development Materials - Day 2 (Go to Day One Materials: Sessions 1-4) Scaffolding Texts and Tasks for English Language LearnersDownload Session 1 Materials: Positioning ELLs/...
- ELA 3-8 Professional Development Materials - Day 1 (Go to Day Two Materials: Sessions 1-4) Scaffolding Texts and Tasks for English Language LearnersDownload Session 1 Materials: Positioning ELLs/...