Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Subject: High School Algebra
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of piecewise functions and their graphs including the absolute value and step functions. They learn a graphical approach to circumventing complex...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Student Outcomes Students discover that the multi-step and exact way of solving |2x - 5| = |3x + 1| using algebra can sometimes be avoided by recognizing that an equation of the form f(x) = g(x) can...
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 3: Linear and Exponential Functions In earlier grades, students define, evaluate, and compare functions and use them to model relationships between quantities. In this module,...