Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.BF.3
- Building Functions
- Build New Functions From Existing Functions
- State Standard:
- Identify the effect on the graph of replacing f(x) by f(x) + k, k f(x), f(kx), and f(x + k) for specific values of k (both positive and negative); find the value of k given the graphs. Experiment with cases and illustrate an explanation of the effects on the graph using technology. Include recognizing even and odd functions from their graphs and algebraic expressions for them.
- In Topic C, students graph logarithmic functions, identifying key features (F-IF.4, F-IF.7) and discover how the logarithmic properties are evidenced in the graphs of corresponding logarithmic...
- In Topic C, students explore the families of functions that are related to the parent functions, specifically for quadratic (f(x) = x2), square root (f(x) = the square root of x), and cube root (f(x...
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of piecewise functions and their graphs including the absolute value and step functions. They learn a graphical approach to circumventing complex...