Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Teacher/Leader Effectiveness
- Teacher creates an activity that requires genuine discussion among students, stepping aside when appropriate to allow them to share their thoughts.
- Students assume considerable responsibility for the success of the text discussion, initiating topics and building on each other's ideas.
- Teacher builds on prior student text exploration and leads a whole class discussion among students.
- Teacher's feedback to student is timely and of high quality, helping her organize her thinking.
- Teacher's feedback to students about where they are in meeting the learning targets is timely and specific.
- Teacher's feedback to students is timely and of consistently high quality.
- Teacher's feedback to students is timely and of high quality, pointing out well done work to guide the class in their task.
- The teacher listens carefully to student answer and comments on her thoughts immediately.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely and focused to guide the discussion.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely and uses high-quality questions to guide student thinking; he then asks students to use that learning to develop alternate solutions to the problem.