Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Teacher/Leader Effectiveness
- The teacher monitors the progress of groups by asking questions of group representatives which allow him to elicit levels of understanding.
- The teacher has a structure in place for eliciting diagnostic information from - and monitoring the progress of - individual students regarding their understanding of the material.
- The teacher's feedback to students supports their understanding of the text in a timely manner through quality questions and connections to known elements.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely, uses a common rubric, and connects to specific examples from the students' work.
- The teacher's feedback to students encourages them to continue building on each other's ideas.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely and tied directly to the goals of the lesson.
- The teacher's questions to the students provide them with feedback on their thinking and problem solving.
- The teacher smoothly makes a minor adjustment to a lesson based on an identified need to clarify understanding.
- The teacher persists in seeking approaches for assisting a student who is having difficulty learning a concept, drawing on a broad repertoire of strategies.