Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Teacher/Leader Effectiveness
- For the purposes of APPR, there are no K-2 standardized tests administered or required by the State*. Decisions about how to measure student progress in K-2 are made by local school districts and...
- Teacher has routines (Clapping, "Hands in the air") to ensure that all students have stopped work and are paying attention. Clear directions guide students into regrouping.
- Instructional materials and resources are suitable to the instructional purposes and are hands-on, thereby engaging students mentally.
- Instructional materials and resources are suitable to the instructional purposes and hands-on, thereby engaging the students mentally.
- Teacher's method is imaginative and connects with students' knowledge and experience. Students contribute to explaining concepts to their peers.
- Teacher has a model to draw students' attention to prepare for the next transition. "Hands in the air" ensures that all students have stopped work. Directions for the next step are...
- Teacher has organized the learning environment to accommodate all student learning needs. Teacher has students wait until all are set up so that time and technologies are equally accessible to all...
- Teacher has organized the learning environment to accommodate all student learning needs. Available resources, time and technologies are equally accessible to all students. The resources are adjusted...
- Teacher's spoken language is clear. Visual methods are used to enhance content understanding.
- Audience: Principals and District Leaders Description Systematizing communications on APPR Leveraging elements of the system to deliver feedback and inform developments Calibrated use of Evaluation...