Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- The introduction includes the rationale for and purpose of the CUNY HSE Curriculum Framework, designed to provide New York's adult education teachers with an instructional basis in preparing students...
- Overview: Read the full Overview document This science curriculum consists of the Overview, followed by five main sections: the Curriculum Map; Unit Descriptions; Lesson Plans for three units; Math/...
- The Curriculum Map describes a progression of 23 topics in science that gives HSE students an introduction to physical science and life science. The lessons begin with an introduction to physical...
- This first lesson focuses on interaction, which is the most accessible concept for students out of matter, energy, and interactions. It also includes a reading from Richard Feynman, who discusses how...
- In this lesson, we focus on what matter is. Matter has a formal science definition as anything that has mass and takes up space (or has volume). This lesson covers matter, mass, and volume in some...
- This lesson picks up on volume and introduces the huge scope of the size of matter. In looking at matter, we could be talking about the size of an atom, a cell, a human, an ocean, the atmosphere, the...
- Making connections between science and math can help students see how math is applied in the world. This is a list of some possible mathematical connections to the Science curriculum map. Read the...
- These online and print materials can be helpful to plan curriculum for science classrooms. Read the full Resources document.