Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Topic: Common Core Learning Standards
- Topic C highlights the effectiveness of changing notations and the power provided by certain notations such as matrices. The study of vectors and matrices is introduced through a coherent connection...
- In Topic A, students look at incidence relationships in networks and encode information about them via high-dimensional matrices. Questions on counting routes, the results of combining networks,...
- Topic B explores the geometric context for higher-dimensional matrices. The geometric effect of matrix operations—matrix product, matrix sum, and scalar multiplication—are examined, and students...
- Topic C provides a third context for the appearance of matrices via the study of systems of linear equations. Students see that a system of linear equations can be represented as a single matrix...
- Topic D opens with a formal definition of a vector. The arithmetical work for vector addition, subtraction, scalar multiplication, and vector magnitude is explored along with the geometrical...
- In Topic E students apply the knowledge developed in this module to understand how first-person video games use matrix operations to project three-dimensional objects onto two-dimensional screens and...
- Topic A brings students back to the study of complex roots of polynomial functions. Students briefly review quadratic and cubic functions and then extend familiar polynomial identities to both...