Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Subject: High School Algebra
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that factoring reverses the multiplication process as they find the linear factors of basic, factorable quadratic trinomials. Students explore squaring a binomial...
- Student Outcomes Students use the distributive property to multiply a monomial by a polynomial and understand that factoring reverses the multiplication process. Students use polynomial expressions...
- Student Outcomes Students use the commutative and associative properties to recognize structure within expressions and to prove equivalency of expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students use the structure of an expression to identify ways to rewrite it. Students use the distributive property to prove equivalency of expressions.
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...