Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Rubrics: Standard III: Instructional Practice
- The activity engages students at an appropriately high level cognitive challenge. The students interact with each other to explore the problem.
- Both students are engaged with each other and with an activity of an appropriately high level of cognitive challenge.
- Teacher's instructional practices engage students at an appropriately high level of cognitive challenge. Students have regular and ongoing opportunities to interact with the teacher and with...
- The teacher implements research-based instructional practices to engage student learning.
- The teacher's directions and procedures are clear to students, with repetition to help student focus.
- Teacher's spoken language is correct. It is also expressive, with well-chosen vocabulary that enriches the lesson. Teacher finds opportunities to extend students' vocabularies.
- The teacher changes her lesson mid-stream (at the beginning of the clip) to meet a need, and then monitors student work, making adjustments and corrections on an as-needed basis.
- The teacher uses formative assessment, in the form of questions, to monitor student learning and student progress to immediately adjust the instruction.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely, frequent, and relevant to their work and understanding.
- The teacher's feedback to students is timely, frequent, and relevant to their work and understanding. The feedback advances student learning.