Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Rubrics: Component 3a: Communicating with Students
- The teacher is clear in her guidance through the website she wants the students to reference.
- The teacher's explanation of content connects with students' knowledge and experience. The students contribute to explaining the concept to their peers.
- Teacher reviews appropriate academic vocabulary to ensure the purpose for the lesson or unit is clear.
- Teacher checks for understanding and reiterates the directions to students.
- Teacher provides clear directions to the students, has them review those directions with each other, and then again with the class as a whole.
- Teacher's directions are clear to students, with focus questions posted for the students and a clarification of a key vocabulary word.
- Teacher's directions are posted and clear to students and tied to posted focus questions. Teacher checks for understanding.
- Teacher's directions are clear and modeled for the students.
- Teacher's directions are clearly stated to students.