Time: 14 minutes
Description: This webinar is intended for principals and other district, BOCES, and/or building leaders who are responsible for leading the SLO process. This webinar is meant to build upon the experiences and reflections gained from the 2012-13 school year and provide additional tools, specifically in regard to the preparation and development of SLOs, as work is done to enhance implementation in the 2013-14 school year.
In this webinar you will:
- Explore aspects of preparing for and developing SLOs.
- Identify key actions that can be taken to increase efficiency and quality of SLO development.
- Consider various resources that can support the stages of work.
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is committed to providing district leaders, teachers, and principals support as they develop and implement Student Learning Objectives (SLOs). NYSED will host a new series of short videos that aim to provide targeted assistance to teachers and principals of various specialties as they develop SLOs. Additional videos will be posted throughout the Fall. Each video will focus on key objectives, including the ability to:
1. Distinguish unique characteristics of the teaching assignment and its implications for the SLO development
2. Use three guiding questions to work through key decision points
3. Complete all 8 sections of the New York SLO template