Teaching and Learning in CKLA: Examining the Evidence
This module is designed for K-2 participants using the CKLA program. This module offers some sessions for all participants, as well as sessions specific to principals/instructional leaders or teachers. An emphasis is placed on using evidence from the curricula in formative ways for a deepened understanding of student learning, teaching and implementation, and outreach around students and the classroom.
This training was originally done as a one-day training and involves approximately 9 hours of training.
- Session 1: The Student Profile (Teachers and Principals)
- Session 2: Learning from Student Work: A Protocol (Teachers and Principals)
- Session 3: Learning from Student Work: Application to a Case (Teachers)
- Session 4: Quality of Implementation: Balancing Adaptations and Fidelity (Teachers)
- Session 3 and 4 : The Classroom Walkthrough (Principals/Instructional Leaders)
- Session 5: Communicating with Parents: A case Study (Teachers and Principals)
- Session 6: Office Hour Stations (Samples of assessments, student work, and GRAIR activities provided in a ppt)