Supporting your interaction with text: Understanding complexity
This session will organize participants to analyze a Listening and Learning text around four dimensions of complexity: knowledge, vocabulary, structure, and literary devices. This session will engage participants in an analysis process that can be seen as a model for how teachers could approach the Listening and Learning texts in their own planning and as they consider where to emphasize and adapt lessons. This session will provide participants multiple opportunities to engage in this analysis process, including a chance to analyze a read aloud that they will be delivering (or observing as instructional leaders) in an upcoming Domain.
The handouts for this session are packaged as a zip file. When downloading the .zip file, you will be downloading the following handouts:
- Teacher to Text Planning Process
- Teacher to Text Planning tool
- GradeK_practice passage (“Willy the Waterdrop” from Taking Care of the Earth)
- Grade2_practice passage (“Social Insects: Bees and Wasps” from Insects)
- Grade1_practice passage (“Cinderella” from Different Lands Similar Stories)