Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Resource Type: Module Unit
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- In this unit, students begin to build background knowledge about the process of scientific inquiry and how new or improved technologies are developed to meet the needs of society.
- In Unit 2, students continue to build their reading and writing skills as well as their understanding of how new or improved technologies are developed to meet the needs of society, through a case...
- In this third unit, students will return to the genre of the graphic novel, reviewing the elements that make this type of work uniquely suited to conveying an author’s complex ideas in an engaging...
- In this brief unit, students will build their background knowledge about the importance of sports within the American culture over time. They will read two informational articles: “It’s Not Just a...
- In the second unit of this module, students will complete a close read of the book Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America, by Sharon Robinson. As the author (Jackie Robinson’s daughter...
- In this unit, students choose to research about either Roberto Clemente or Althea Gibson: two respected American sports figures. Students will develop their understanding of the cultural context in...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE ON HUMAN RIGHTS What are human rights? Why do we have them and how are they protected? This unit is designed to help students build knowledge about these questions while...