Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.ID.1
- Interpreting Categorical And Quantitative Data
- Summarize, Represent, And Interpret Data On A Single Count Or Measurement Variable
- State Standard:
- Represent data with plots on the real number line (dot plots, histograms, and box plots).
- In Topic B, students reconnect with methods for describing variability first seen in Grade 6. Topic B deepens students’ understanding of measures of variability by connecting a measure of the center...
- In Topic A, students observe and describe data distributions. They reconnect with their earlier study of distributions in Grade 6 by calculating measures of center and describing overall patterns or...
- Student Outcomes Students compare two or more distributions in terms of center, variability, and shape. Students interpret a measure of center as a typical value. Students interpret the IQR as a...
- Student Outcomes Students explain why a median is a better description of a typical value for a skewed distribution. Students calculate the 5-number summary of a data set. Students construct a box...
- Student Outcomes Students calculate the standard deviation of a sample with the aid of a calculator. Students compare the relative variability of distributions using standard deviations.
- Student Outcomes Students calculate the deviations from the mean for two symmetrical data sets that have the same means. Students interpret deviations that are generally larger as identifying...
- Student Outcomes Students estimate the mean and median of a distribution represented by a dot plot or a histogram. Students indicate that the mean is a reasonable description of a typical value for a...
- Student Outcomes Students construct a dot plot from a data set. Students calculate the mean of a data set and the median of a data set. Students observe and describe that measures of center (mean and...
- Student Outcomes Students use informal language to describe the shape, center, and variability of a distribution based on a dot plot, histogram, or box plot. Students recognize that a first step in...
- Algebra I Module 2: Descriptive Statistics In this module, students reconnect with and deepen their understanding of statistics and probability concepts first introduced in Grades 6, 7, and 8. ...