Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.CP.1
- Conditional Probability And The Rules Of Probability
- Understand Independence And Conditional Probability And Use Them To Interpret Data
- State Standard:
- Describe events as subsets of a sample space (the set of outcomes) using characteristics (or categories) of the outcomes, or as unions, intersections, or complements of other events (“or,” “and,” “not”).
- Student Outcomes Students represent events by shading appropriate regions in a Venn diagram. Given a chance experiment with equally likely outcomes, students calculate counts and probabilities by...
- Student Outcomes Students determine the sample space for a chance experiment. Given a description of a chance experiment and an event, students identify the subset of outcomes from the sample space...
- Chance experiments, sample space, and events such as unions, intersections, and complements are explained. Probabilities of unions and intersections are calculated using data in two-way tables and...
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data Students build a formal understanding of probability, considering complex events such as unions, intersections, and complements as well as the concept of...