Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: N.Q .1
- Reason Quantitatively And Use Units To Solve Problems.
- State Standard:
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems; choose and interpret units consistently in formulas; choose and interpret the scale and the origin in graphs and data displays.
- In Topic D, students are formally introduced to the modeling cycle (see page 61 of the CCLS) through problems that can be solved by creating equations and inequalities in one variable, systems of...
- In Topic A, students explore the main functions that they will work with in Grade 9: linear, quadratic, and exponential. The goal is to introduce students to these functions by having them make...
- Student Outcomes Students investigate a problem that can be solved by reasoning quantitatively and by creating equations in one variable. They compare the numerical approach to the algebraic approach...
- Student Outcomes Students interpret the meaning of the point of intersection of two graphs and use analytic tools to find its coordinates.
- Student Outcomes Students develop the tools necessary to discern units for quantities in real-world situations and choose levels of accuracy appropriate to limitations on measurement. They refine...
- Student Outcomes Students choose and interpret the scale on a graph to appropriately represent an exponential function. Students plot points representing number of bacteria over time, given that...
- Student Outcomes Students represent graphically a non-linear relationship between two quantities and interpret features of the graph. They will understand the relationship between physical quantities...
- Student Outcomes Students define appropriate quantities from a situation (a “graphing story”), choose and interpret the scale and the origin for the graph, and graph the piecewise linear function...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...