Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.IF.8.a
- Interpreting Functions
- Analyze Functions Using Different Representations
- State Standard:
- Use the process of factoring and completing the square in a quadratic function to show zeros, extreme values, and symmetry of the graph, and interpret these in terms of a context.
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Student Outcomes Students graph a variety of quadratic functions using the form f(x) = ax2 + bx + c (standard form). Students analyze and draw conclusions about contextual applications using the key...
- Student Outcomes Students graph simple quadratic equations of the form y = a(x - h)2 + k (completed-square or vertex form), recognizing that (h,k) represents the vertex of the graph and use a graph...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Algebra I Module 5: A Synthesis of Modeling with Equations and Functions In Module 5, students synthesize what they have learned during the year about functions to select the correct function type in...