Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.IF.7.b
- Interpreting Functions
- Analyze Functions Using Different Representations
- State Standard:
- Graph square root, cube root, and piecewise-defined functions, including step functions and absolute value functions.
- In Topic C, students explore the families of functions that are related to the parent functions, specifically for quadratic (f(x) = x2), square root (f(x) = the square root of x), and cube root (f(x...
- Student Outcomes Students compare two different quadratic, square root, or cube root functions represented as graphs, tables, or equations. They interpret, contextualize and abstract various...
- Student Outcomes Students make a connection between the symbolic and graphic forms of quadratic equations in the completed-square (vertex) form. They efficiently sketch a graph of a quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students recognize and use parent functions for absolute value, quadratic, square root, and cube root to perform transformations that stretch and shrink the graphs of the functions...
- Student Outcomes Students recognize and use parent functions for linear, absolute value, quadratic, square root, and cube root to perform vertical and horizontal translations. They identify how the...
- Student Outcomes Students compare the basic quadratic (parent) function, y = x2, to the square root function and do the same with cubic and cube root functions. They then sketch graphs of square...
- Student Outcomes Students create piecewise and step functions that relate to real-life situations and use those functions to solve problems. Students interpret graphs of piecewise and step functions...
- Student Outcomes Students apply their understanding of transformations of functions and their graphs to piecewise functions.
- Student Outcomes Students examine that a horizontal translation of the graph of y = f(x) corresponds to changing the equation from y = f(x) to y = f(x - k).
- Student Outcomes Students discover that the multi-step and exact way of solving |2x - 5| = |3x + 1| using algebra can sometimes be avoided by recognizing that an equation of the form f(x) = g(x) can...
- Student Outcomes Students examine the features of piecewise functions including the absolute value function and step functions. Students understand that the graph of a function f is the graph of the...