Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.SSE.4
- Seeing Structure In Expressions
- Write Expressions In Equivalent Forms To Solve Problems
- State Standard:
- Derive the formula for the sum of a finite geometric series (when the common ratio is not 1), and use the formula to solve problems. For example, calculate mortgage payments.★
- Student Outcomes Students use geometric series to calculate how much money should be saved each month to have 1 million in assets within a specified amount of time.
- Student Outcomes Students model the scenario of buying a house. Students recognize that a mortgage is mathematically equivalent to car loans studied in Lesson 30 and apply the present value of...
- Student Outcomes Students will compare payment strategies for a decreasing credit card balance. Students will apply the sum of a finite geometric series formula to a decreasing balance on a credit...
- Student Outcomes Students use the sum of a finite geometric series formula to develop a formula to calculate a payment plan for a car loan and use that calculation to derive the present value of an...
- Student Outcomes Students derive the sum of a finite geometric series formula. Students apply the sum of a finite geometric series formula to a structured savings plan.
- Topic E is a culminating series of lessons driven by MP.4, Modeling with Mathematics. Students apply what they have learned about mathematical models and exponential growth to financial literacy...
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...