Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.SSE.3.a
- Seeing Structure In Expressions
- Write Expressions In Equivalent Forms To Solve Problems
- State Standard:
- Factor a quadratic expression to reveal the zeros of the function it defines.
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a = 1), in the equivalent completed-square form, a(x - h)2 + k, and recognize cases for which...
- Student Outcomes Students interpret word problems to create equations in one-variable and solve them (i.e., determine the solution set) using factoring and the zero product property.