Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.SSE.2
- Seeing Structure In Expressions
- Interpret The Structure Of Expressions
- State Standard:
- Use the structure of an expression to identify ways to rewrite it. For example, see x4 – y4 as (x2)2 – (y2)2, thus recognizing it as a difference of squares that can be factored as (x2 – y2)(x2 + y2).
- This topic focuses on factoring polynomials and the advantages of factored form of a polynomial to both solve equations and sketch graphs of polynomial functions. Students solve problems involving...
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...