Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.SSE.1
- Seeing Structure In Expressions
- Interpret The Structure Of Expressions
- State Standard:
- Interpret expressions that represent a quantity in terms of its context.
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- In Topic D, students are formally introduced to the modeling cycle (see page 61 of the CCLS) through problems that can be solved by creating equations and inequalities in one variable, systems of...
- In middle school, students applied the properties of operations to add, subtract, factor, and expand expressions (6.EE.3, 6.EE.4, 7.EE.1, 8.EE.1). Now, in Topic B, students use the structure of...
- Student Outcomes Students graph simple quadratic equations of the form y = a(x - h)2 + k (completed-square or vertex form), recognizing that (h,k) represents the vertex of the graph and use a graph...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...