Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.REI.4.a
- Reasoning With Equations And Inequalities
- Solve Equations And Inequalities In One Variable
- State Standard:
- Use the method of completing the square to transform any quadratic equation in x into an equation of the form (x – p)2 = q that has the same solutions. Derive the quadratic formula from this form.
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a = 1), in the equivalent completed-square form, a(x - h)2 + k, and recognize cases for which...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations that cannot be easily factored. Students understand that the discriminant, b2 - 4ac, can be used to determine whether...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Student Outcomes Students derive the quadratic formula by completing the square for a general quadratic equation in standard form, ax2 + bx + c = 0, and use it to verify the solutions for equations...