Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.CED.4
- Creating Equations
- Create Equations That Describe Numbers Or Relationships
- State Standard:
- Rearrange formulas to highlight a quantity of interest, using the same reasoning as in solving equations. For example, rearrange Ohm’s law V = IR to highlight resistance R.
- Throughout middle school, students practice the process of solving linear equations (6.EE.5, 6.EE.7, 7.EE.4, 8.EE.7) and systems of linear equations (8.EE.8). Now, in Topic C, instead of just...
- Student Outcomes Students learn to think of some of the letters in a formula as constants in order to define a relationship between two or more quantities, where one is in terms of another, for...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...