Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.APR.6
- Arithmetic With Polynomials And Rational Expressions
- Rewrite Rational Expressions
- State Standard:
- Rewrite simple rational expressions in different forms; write a(x)/b(x) in the form q(x) + r(x)/b(x), where a(x), b(x), q(x), and r(x) are polynomials with the degree of r(x) less than the degree of b(x), using inspection, long division, or, for the more complicated examples, a computer algebra system.
- Student Outcomes Students perform addition and subtraction of rational expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students multiply and divide rational expressions and simplify using equivalent expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students compare rational expressions by writing them in different but equivalent forms.
- Student Outcomes Students define rational expressions and write them in equivalent forms.
- Students solve polynomial, rational, and radical equations, and apply these types of equations to real-world situations. They examine the conditions under which an extraneous solution is introduced...
- Student Outcomes Students know and apply the Remainder Theorem and understand the role zeros play in the theorem.
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite simple rational expressions in different forms, including representing remainders when dividing.
- This topic focuses on factoring polynomials and the advantages of factored form of a polynomial to both solve equations and sketch graphs of polynomial functions. Students solve problems involving...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...