Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 5.NBT.2
- Number And Operations In Base Ten
- Understand The Place Value System.
- State Standard:
- Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10. Use whole-number exponents to denote powers of 10.
- Welcome to “Math Studio Talk” a video series that provides games, activities and models to help students develop flexible thinking and deep understanding of math concepts from kindergarten to Grade 5...
- Objective: Divide decimal dividends by two-digit divisors, estimating quotients, reasoning about the placement of the decimal point, and making connections to a written method.
- Objective: Use basic facts to approximate decimal quotients with two-digit divisors, reasoning about the placement of the decimal point.
- Objective: Divide decimal dividends by multiples of 10, reasoning about the placement of the decimal point and making connections to a written method.
- Objective: Use basic facts to estimate quotients with two-digit divisors.
- Objective: Estimate multi-digit products by rounding factors to a basic fact and using place value patterns.
- Objective: Multiply a decimal fraction by single-digit whole numbers, including using estimation to confirm the placement of the decimal point.
- Objective: Multiply a decimal fraction by single-digit whole numbers, relate to a written method through application of the area model and place value understanding, and explain the reasoning used.
- Objective: Add decimals using place value strategies and relate those strategies to a written method.
- Objective: Use exponents to name place value units and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point.
- Objective: Reason abstractly using place value understanding to relate adjacent base ten units from millions to thousandths.
- Grade 5 Module 2: Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations In Module 2 students apply patterns of the base ten system to mental strategies and a sequential study of multiplication...
- Grade 5 Module 1: Place Value and Decimal Fractions In Module 1, students’ understanding of the patterns in the base ten system are extended from Grade 4’s work with place value of multi-digit whole...