Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.NF.1
- Number And Operations—Fractions5
- Develop Understanding Of Fractions As Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
- Welcome to “Math Studio Talk” a video series that provides games, activities and models to help students develop flexible thinking and deep understanding of math concepts from kindergarten to Grade 5...
- In Topic B, students compare unit fractions and learn to build non-unit fractions with unit fractions as basic building blocks (3.NF.3d). This parallels the understanding that the number 1 is the...
- Students use choral response in fluency activities involving fractions. The teacher says a fraction and the students say the other part of one whole. Students skip count by 1 tenth using fractions...
- Students fold fraction strips, then shade in the units.
- Grade 3 Mathematics Module 5: Fractions as Numbers on the Number Line In this 35-day Grade 3 module, students extend and deepen second grade practice with "equal shares" to understanding fractions as...