Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.4.5
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing.
- Revising for Organization and Style: Bold Beginnings In this lesson students learn to write a strong introduction to their narrative by examining mentor texts, practice revising the wheelwright...
- Writing Dialogue: Revising Historical Narrative Drafts to Add Dialogue In this lesson students learn the conventions for writing dialogue and revise their narratives to add their planned dialogue...
- Revising for Organization: Timely Transitions In this lesson students examine a model of the wheelwright narrative to learn about using transition words and then revise their own narratives to add...
- Peer Critique: Historical Accuracy of Ideas and Vocabulary In this lesson students engage in a peer critique session of their first draft narratives for historical accuracy of ideas and vocabulary.
- CULMINATING PROJECT: RESEARCH-BASED NARRATIVE ABOUT AN EVENT IN COLONIAL AMERICA In Unit 3, students continue building their research skills as they deepen their knowledge about colonial life,...
- PARAGRAPH WRITING: THE ROLE OF RELIGION IN COLONIAL AMERICA This lesson builds on students’ background knowledge with writing strong paragraphs that they developed during Module 1. For their writing...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...