Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.4.3.b
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Use dialogue and description to develop experiences and events or show the responses of characters to situations.
- In this unit, students apply the research they have completed (in Unit 2) about their expert animal and its defense mechanisms in order to write a narrative about their animal. Students will write a...
- This lesson takes place in two parts, with Work Times A and B focusing on narrative conclusions and Work Times C and D focusing on transitional words. If you anticipate students needing additional...
- In this lesson, students record notes for their ideas for dialogue in Work Times A and B. In Work Time C and D, they add the dialogue using correct conventions.
- For this lesson, students will need their draft narratives from the mid-unit assessment (Lesson 7). Be sure to make copies to evaluate the assessment before handing back students’ original drafts.
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- Writing Dialogue: Revising Historical Narrative Drafts to Add Dialogue In this lesson students learn the conventions for writing dialogue and revise their narratives to add their planned dialogue...
- Planning for When to Include Dialogue: Showing Characters’ Thoughts and Feelings In this lesson students examine mentor texts to learn how dialogue is used to show characters' thoughts and feelings...
- Revising for Organization: Timely Transitions In this lesson students examine a model of the wheelwright narrative to learn about using transition words and then revise their own narratives to add...