Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.6
- Reading Informational
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- Building Background Knowledge: Jigsaw to Build and Share Expertise about 2010 Haiti Earthquake, Part 2
- Students compare and contrast multiple accounts of the same event.
- Students first focus on an event in Jackie Robinson’s life, and then read text that helps explain the historical context for that event.
- In this lesson, students deepen their understanding of Jackie Robinson’s life by examining a key period in American history that affected him and his family: the Great Migration.
- Mid-Unit Assessment: On-Demand Note-Taking, Analysis, and Reflection: “Should We Drill?”
- Close Reading and Viewing: Nunavut Iron Ore Mine Approval
- Conducting Research: Analyzing Expert Texts about the Mary River Project
- In this lesson students learn how scientists document and reflect on their learning in the field using field journals. This introduces them to the features of writing that will be required for their...
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- Summarizing Complex Ideas: Comparing the Original UDHR and the “Plain Language” Version Review Vocabulary strategies and Write-Pair-Share protocols (see Appendix 1)