Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: L.5.6
- Vocabulary acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal contrast, addition, and other logical relationships (e.g., however, although, nevertheless, similarly, moreover, in addition).
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Notes and Graphic Organizer for a Letter to a Publisher
- Organizing an Opinion, Reasons, and Evidence: Expert Group Text 3
- Organizing an Opinion, Reasons, and Evidence: Text 2 for Each Expert Group
- In this lesson, students continue to work with their “expert group” article from Lesson 2 (either Althea Gibson or Roberto Clemente).
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- Mid-Unit 1 Assessment: Explaining Human Rights Review Quiz-Quiz-Trade in Vocabulary Strategies (Appendix 1) Review Write-Pair-Share and Fist to Five protocols (Appendix 1) If students finish the Mid-...
- Becoming a Close Reader and Writing to Learn: Stories of Human Rights What are human rights, and how do real people and fictional characters respond when those rights are challenged? Students will...