Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: L.4.2.b
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Use commas and quotation marks to mark direct speech and quotations from a text.
- In this assessment students have 45 minutes to plan and write Choice #2 of their choose-your-own-adventure animal defense mechanisms narratives based on the assessment prompt.
- In this lesson, students read each other’s narratives to identify issues with conventions (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and dialogue). Students just note mistakes as they edit; they do not...
- In this lesson, students record notes for their ideas for dialogue in Work Times A and B. In Work Time C and D, they add the dialogue using correct conventions.
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- Writing Dialogue: Revising Historical Narrative Drafts to Add Dialogue In this lesson students learn the conventions for writing dialogue and revise their narratives to add their planned dialogue...
- Planning for When to Include Dialogue: Showing Characters’ Thoughts and Feelings In this lesson students examine mentor texts to learn how dialogue is used to show characters' thoughts and feelings...