Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: L.4.1
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Connecting Two Informational Texts on a Similar Topic
- Writing to Explain: Gathering Details and Organizing Paragraphs
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Planning the Opinion and Reasons
- Publishing Simple Machines Editorials
- In this lesson, students read one another’s editorials to identify issues with writing conventions.
- Publishing American Revolution Broadsides
- Reviewing Conventions and Editing Peers’ Broadsides
- This lesson is largely dependent upon students having access to a computer, an online dictionary, and a printer.
- In this assessment students have 45 minutes to plan and write Choice #2 of their choose-your-own-adventure animal defense mechanisms narratives based on the assessment prompt.
- In this lesson, students read each other’s narratives to identify issues with conventions (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and dialogue). Students just note mistakes as they edit; they do not...
- This lesson begins with a read-aloud of the About Your Adventure page in Can You Survive the Wilderness? Students record what they notice and wonder about the structure and information shared on this...
- This lesson focuses on helping students edit their informative piece drafts for conventions. In particular, they focus on spelling, capitalization, and homophones.
- Publishing Historical Fiction Narratives In this lesson student use a computer to correct edits and add revisions as they publish their final narrative for their performance task.
- Reviewing Conventions and Editing Peers’ Work In this lesson students review 4th grade appropriate (spelling, capitalization, punctuation, dialogue) conventions and edit their drafts with peers for...